Due to COVID-19 our clinic has changed to primarily offering telemedicine appointments via a phone call or video conference calling. Be rest assured our physicians will provide the best possible medical treatment. Please understand that there will be limitations to telephone consultations, as such physicians may at their discretion redirect patients to seek another medical center that is more suitable for them.
Since most of the appointments offered are via telephone, we understand that in some cases it maybe imperative that you must be seen physically in clinic, contact us and we can arrange an in clinic appointment for you. Otherwise all other appointments will be via a telephone call with your doctor.
What to consider when attending a telephone appointment from your doctor:
1) Firstly, be prepared to receive this call within 15 minutes before or after your scheduled appointment time. Please note that the doctor may call from a blocked caller ID number for privacy reasons. Please make sure the call is answered, otherwise you will be considered to have abandoned your call and a $40 cancellation fee will be charged to you.
2) Please assist your doctor by providing as much details of your medical concern prior to attending your telephone appointment. You may email additional details, supporting pictures and any documents to better prepare your doctor. Include your doctors name and your details when sending any communications to email@example.com.
3) You will be sent courteous emails and or phone messages for confirmation of your scheduled appointment time and other communication reminders proceeding up until your scheduled appointment.
4) Lastly, please understand your doctors time is very busy and valuable, please respectfully be prepared and considerate of your time spent with your doctor.
It is imperative that you notify us immediately if you answer YES to any of the following questions:
1) Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea?
2) Within the past 14 days, have you been in close physical contact (6 feet or closer for at least 15 minutes) with a person who is known to have laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 or with anyone who has any symptoms consistent with COVID-19?
3) Are you isolating or quarantining because you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 or are worried that you may be sick with COVID-19?
4) Are you currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test?
If you answer “yes” to any of the above questions, you will be denied entry into our clinic and scheduled for a telephone appointment with your doctor. You will be provided further instructions accordingly.
Our clinic will remain very limited in public interactions and will only operate as a virtual clinic until the outcome of the COVID-19 situation is under control. We will continually be reassessing the status of our clinical operations and refer to the updates from BC CDC http://covid-19.bccdc.ca/
Thank you for your understanding during this pandemic. Please call us if you have any questions.